Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Great Impact of a call- Part 1

On July 18, at night, while i was chatin( seee, never change), i suddenly receive a call. It was chelsea, a fren of mine who i knew in college. It was a weird, as I dun usually receive call around this time. Urgently, she asked me wheather I can help at a backstage in a concert. Wow, it was a blast!!, as I know, workin backstage have big responsibility!!, n it took me to think a few times, before I agreed to help. Little did i know, the call will give me a big impact.

The next day, chelsea brought me n intro to me a gurl who asked us for help. She was Pui Man, n through her, I only realise that it was The Little Noise choir who will be performing, which , to my surprise, is my old buddy ian wong's choir group. Wow!!! wat a small world!!! This made me, for the first time, wanna knoe more about this choir. I know ian since last year, from a tuition centre, n i knew he is joinin a choir all the while, but i dun really care much bout it. Pui Man told us to come to her choir centre this friday, to discuse bout the backstage job. It so happen that the centre is near my house, so I agree to go. Ya, forgot to mention, my kai mui, wong elaine, also involved in the backstage, where she was the stage manager. hehe

Ok, for short, on that friday, I went to the centre, and when i step in the centre, OMG!! Cant imagine how many people join the choir!! N, juz by glancing at them for a while, I already knew they had already put their heart, spirit n effort to practise. I even saw some gurls even practise with their school uniform on. For the first time, I saw this scnerio. obviously, ian, fish, n wa chaw, the two gurls whom i knew them while playin pool with them n ian not long ago ,were there too. Later, another of my old buddy, kam seng came to the centre, n he is also helpin around for the lighting. Kam seng was in the choir, but he quited it since college start, n he was my school mate since form 1... lol, juz by one call, i met up with my old frens again...... anyway, juz for us, the choir perform their performance, so we can roughly get an idea on how to run the backstage. They will be performing a musical called : The midnight puppet. Although the performance is a it shaky at first, but i predicted that it will be a big hit. that day, even after lots of explaination from chels, I was still blur on how to move a bout. Therefore, we decided to have another meeting on 25th of july.

We met up again that day, in burger king. This time, we had guidence from jia ying, the director of the whole performance. while other choir mate, benny, kai shin, was there as well. With their determination to explain, We all finally quite understand the whole process....... That night, when I sleep, i Thought to myself: I MUST DO MY BEST< CANT LET THEM DOWN!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home